Friday, September 26, 2008

I have absolutely No Idea

How ill I have been or how close I was to things getting worse than they already were. I can guess that another layer of cells invaded would have been very bad indeed and a few more hundredths of a millimetre may well have given me a more difficult time altogether and perhaps a bit of a sticky end.

The trouble is, apart from very early on when you know you are going to die - believe me that bit doesn't last long as you realise what can be done etc. I have deliberately kept any thought of how ill I was or may have been and anything else at arms length. In fact it is a way of actively managing the problem that you implement a screen of normalness and you do that for yourself and for your friends too. It is more now, on reflection and with these odd bouts of cramps and other little things, that I find myself realising that I've never been this ill before in my life and all these things are surprisingly debilitating.

I'm still having problems even now believing I was that ill and so occasionally it comes as a shock to be told how ill you actually were. Not death's door stuff but pretty poorly nonetheless.

No comments: