Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Procrastination

I'm still not getting anywhere with the procrastination going on in the household. We nearly didn't get a holiday at all with all the messing about going on, messing around at University and the fallout since. "A" has now gone to college but lives at home and the upheaval that has brought about are all causing a little less than a settled and calm home life.

Now there is the round of farewell parties going off as all her friends go to University. OK but coming in at midnight when I have to get up at 5:30 is going to cause a wee bit more friction before the week is out.

Anyway, the next bit of fun is that "C" has signed up for an evening course for the next 17 weeks, mid week which also messes up diary dates and commitments. My course starts in October and I have spent today sorting that out and trying to get dates in the diary and planned. My Operation screws up Christmas - or the lead up to Christmas and potentially all the things I should be involved with, I did expect it to be around 16th December but earlier will mess up a lot of things.

I hope that we get some sort of closure on this soon, it is messing up any plans I may make - it is unsettling and it is time to settle down.

2 comments:

Steve Kelley said...

As an INTJ you are able to tolerate this disorderly behaviour in your family (even though it annoys you), and you are to be commended for that. As an ISTJ (much more common and rigid) I would have "laid down the law" ages ago and consequences be damned! And probably I would still be suffering those consequences...

For all you blog readers, INTJs make up less than 1% of the global population, and their contributions to a team are sure to be valued in all cases.

A Dived Ref said...

I am sure that I am not perfect either :-)

I often wonder what on earth it must be like to live with me? Occasionally, I long for them to treat me as if I am ill although I have always tried not to be "the victim" other than early on when I wasn't particularly well (just being knocked about by the treatment and the shock of it all).

Everyone is out of the house tonight so quiet and just as I like it - being an INTJ that is :-)

Keep smiling!