Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sooner than I thought

I got double cramp again last night, apart from the agony that these attacks inflict - I can hardly stand properly or walk this morning such is the bruising effect on my calf muscles - there is the suddenness of these. Unlike the fatigue (although occasionally that can just turn up) there is no notice at all - I just woke up in time to realise what was happening and I can't even begin to tell you what agony it is, I very rarely yell out in pain but this always make me scream out, there is very little else you can do. How I don't want to have these when I get older, the convulsions alone and trying to get to stretch the leg and rub the muscles to relieve the knotted bit is so difficult. No - not nice and it still hurts now.

Getting to work is almost impossible as I can hardly put any weight on my legs.

Whilst I am used to getting this occasionally it is again, I'm certain, one of the side effects from the treatment. I recall someone having this. I was also having minor bladder spasms yesterday too which was very disconcerting and meant I was in and out of the toilet a lot yesterday and travelling home was painful as I was waiting for the train to get to my station so I could dash off to the toilet. Every bump and sway of the train just added to my discomfort.

In fact, it has only been a week since the treatment so I should be expecting that. You do tend to forget very quickly about such things and tend to forget that the side effects don't last a day. Interestingly the treatment is actually at its most effective next March! How Bizarre is that?

No comments: