Thursday, February 19, 2009

Blogging mid afternoon - on a work day?

Yes, I finally had to give in and leave at 2 pm. I went for a walk and still kept falling asleep at my desk. That's dangerous for me but also other people so I decided to come home. It took all my concentration to stay awake on the express train as I might have ended up 60 miles away in Hastings if I'd have fallen asleep. I played loud music but still managed partial snoozing!

I am home and had a call just as I got here so I am in this sort of half life at the moment. I have that "stuffy head" which is screaming for sleep but not right this minute. I actually plan to wander downstairs and hit my favourite chair and have a snooze there after writing this. I am yawning away.

Andy P has hopefully had whatever it is by now and is drinking that nice cup of clear fresh water and fingers crossed all is working out well for him.

Me - that is it - I HAVE to go and get some rest - I have a big day tomorrow and must be ready for that.

2 comments:

RStan said...

Hi A.Dived, just wanted to thank you for doing this blog. My name is Rose. I have BC also. (lol, I feel like I'm at my first AA meeting or something!) Anyway, BCG treatments are scheduled to start next Friday, Feb. 27th. I'm past the initial shock, now I'm researching like crazy to see what other people have done, or have to say about BCG. I'm 49 years old, and really have no plans on going anywhere just yet ;)(!) I think it's worse for my husband and adult children...but that's a whole other topic when you get into how it affects everyone else that loves you.

I'm told I have transition cell, my initial tumor was in one of my ureters, and I had an operation back in September. At the time, my bladder looked good. All of a sudden though, about 5 little rascals were found a few weeks ago at various locations in my bladder. They were removed a couple weeks ago, and the sites are now being given time to heal up before beginning BCG. Didn't mean to get carried away with my 'comment'...just want you to know I appreciate what you're doing here. I need more input than just what my doctor has to say about it, but it's been quite the project to find people online like you. So again, thank you and I wish you all the best. Rose

A Dived Ref said...

Hi Rose,

Glad you are getting something from my incoherent ramblings :-) If you get a chance to have a look at Steve Kelley's blog - both of us have had BCG treatment and have worked at combating the side effects and so have a look through at some of our experiences.

I found that Ibuprofen and Paracetamol taken at the right time help to combat the side effects quite well. It is not an exact science but you can get yourself into a routine and dare I say, get used to it. If you want to ask anything particular then do drop me a line.

I'm 51 and my kids are 18 and 15 and have actually been very good about it. You will see a recent post about that where - p to a point - they have to get on with it :-)

I think that BC seeds itself and the BCG will give it a fair old wallop. I tend to be a bit graphic in my descriptions of the BCG process but - that is the way it is for me. I am waiting to go back on some form of maintenance soon myself and whilst the treatment is challenging, it is really good stuff so bear with it and make sure you take plenty of rest.

Anyway - thanks for commenting, and do ask away if I can help in any way. Good luck with the treatment.