Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Glad that

I didn't go into work today it looked horrendous, people falling down as the roads and pavements weren't gritted - ludicrous and the hospitals now stretched because of all these falls! With the slight balance problem I have it would have been murder getting to the station as there are two bits of the path and pavement that are steep and I can guarantee they would be like sheets of ice (doh!) well they would be of course.

Despite getting cold and that the trains aren't working properly and with everything else I'm sort of glad, in a way, that I still have problems with my ears and still slightly blocked up.

I do hope to get out of the house tomorrow afternoon and evening if I possibly can as there is a Lodge meeting and I'd like to attend that and do "my bit" in that. At least it will get me out of the house and talking to some adult company rather than being stuck in here.

I am going to a Lodge meeting on Saturday where we will have a Burns Supper and I am really looking forward to going to that again. I went last year but was unable to drink as I had the Cat with me. This year I am being driven there and back which is great. They have Haggis, Neaps and Tatties and Gravy (whisky) the ode to the Haggis is done by some Scottish Masons who come down especially for the weekend. After we have had the meal we go off to another location and have what they call a Harmony which consists of singing and tales and jokes mixed with some more drinks of course - it is a lovely meeting.

No comments: