Wednesday, February 04, 2009

My Topsy Turvy World

Had a shower this morning and POP - deaf in my left ear. Not water in there - I'm very careful about that. So I'm back to being partially deaf again this morning, there isn't any pressure on the ear and it is crackling and popping away in there :-) it just means that I'm still not fixed yet.

On a sad note I see that a young "celebrity" here in the UK has got major problems now with her cancer and it has spread and has been described as "Aggressive" which I imagine is another one of those words you really don't want to hear when you have cancer. Like "Riddled", "Inoperable" and so on. In a way, whilst it is a tragedy for her and her children and she is only in her late 20s, it is a wake up call for me. My goodness, how would I cope with any of that, I'm really lucky in that it is under control and that brought my upcoming treatment into some sharp focus. What this next lot of treatment does is very much a belt and braces approach to the situation. It takes the approach that whilst we all probably have atypical cells, the ones they found in me ought to be treated as potentially nasty and so lets Zap them anyway.

Topsy Turvy world? Choppy Waters and back on the Roller Coaster - it will be OK in a few weeks when I get the timings of my treatments, get back into the flow of that, sort out my exercise and eating regimes and get fit again and begin to feel well and good about myself. This last month's turn of events has really laid me low and whilst I sound fed up and annoyed I'm still optimistic and looking forward - I know it will all change and sometimes, with something like this it can be in a few hours and the colds gone, your hearing is back and you feel good again. It just seems to be taking a long time to come along.

1 comment:

andyp said...

Saw the same thing in the papers about the celebrity this morning David,i like you wonder how i would cope with news like that,as you say, shes not even thirty,,,,it brought a lump to my throat,,,and theres me complaining about my high bp, get a grip Andy,,,