Saturday, February 21, 2009

To have or not to have that is the question

I re-read some of my posts and also noticed that Steve talks about having Bladder Cancer.

I wonder whether either of us actually do? I suppose it is pedantic semantics but they cut mine out and it hasn't come back for 18 months. Sure I'm still suffering from the after shocks and still being treated to keep it away but do I have it? I suppose it is as easy to say to people that you are "suffering from Bladder Cancer" as that is what is actually happening?

I still think that I AM suffering from Bladder Cancer even though the Cancer itself isn't there anymore. Of course, we all have the possibility of it coming back though, that really is the fear factor on this one.

I'm a little less buzzy today thank goodness. I am getting pretty excited about this business venture I have been working on for some time and it is all coming together and taking shape and finally we realise that there is a real leap forward and we can go and do something now - as we are, off the drawing board now.

Still - exciting times are ahead on that.

1 comment:

Steve Kelley said...

I can only speak for myself here. I view Bladder Cancer as something like alcoholism. One can only say how long one has gone without a drink, or been cancer free, retroactively. Prospectively it COULD come back any time. Probability is high, especially for Grade 3 cancer. I will avoid even using the term "in remission" until after 2 years cancer free. It's a tricky disease, and believing it's gone is a dangerous road for me. Such an attitude keeps me faithful on the diet and vitamins and MCP and exercise and so forth. Whatever conditions caused this, I am eager not to re-create them in future!