Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday - Father's Day

My three strong bottled beers I got from A & L cannot be touched until after my operation so they'll just have to sit in the fridge until I'm ready for them - a day watching Wimbledon with a handful of beers sounds good. I shall force myself to take things easy for a day or two after the procedure - I really want to get on with work as it is getting to the exciting time now. However, I know the penalty for thinking you are fitter than you are and managed, a couple of times, to set myself back in the past.

Preparations for tomorrow are mainly completed - all MP3 players, my Kindle and phone are charged up and ready to go. I need to pack my bag but that can wait - I'll have plenty of time in the morning to do that.

I just need to re-read the instructions I've been given and to remember to hydrate myself properly. Well tomorrow will come soon enough and it's a lovely day - it's Fathers Day and I intend to do very little if anything from this point onwards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want your good friend Flocky to come round and have the burden of drinking those strong beers you've only got to shout.

A Dived Ref said...

Flocky - you are indeed a Prince amongst men, a Gentleman and a Scholar. Someone to have around when the going gets tough. Very few would offer their time so freely and so readily in the honest pursuit of assisting their friends in their hour of need. If I find myself faltering at any stage in the drinking of said strong beer, I will of course consider an immediate call to your good self and avail myself of your kind services. You truly are a mate in a million and I salute for that :-)

Cheers mate!