Monday, July 09, 2012

Family Tribute

I'm working on this and despite having written one of these some months ago, it isn't fit for purpose now.  So I'm starting at the beginning and writing that although I don't know how much time I have I'm aiming for 5 to 10 minutes.  At the moment I don't feel "upset" it that's the right word.  I just hope that my lot keep it together until after I have spoken so that I don't have to fight through seeing them crying whilst I'm trying to deliver a tribute to dad.


I need to also hit the right balance between it being respectful and humorous - I can't imagine him wanting me to do anything other than to say a few nice words and then get on with it.  


Maybe it's me but I don't have the views that he's watching over me and all that guff.  I hope that if there is a heaven he is reunited with other loved ones there (only the ones he wants to see) and is taking it all in and more than anything else, that he is at peace.  I get the distinct vibes from my mum that things haven't always been what they seemed to be and that there were other reasons dad moved home so often, didn't go out much and so on.  Oh well, will no doubt find out in the fullness of time.

No comments: