Saturday, July 21, 2012

Anti Climax

Like many things - you work really hard to do something and you issue it and hear - nothing at all, not a sausage.  Did send it through a different way as well but still nothing.  Oh well, let's see what happens over the weekend.


Have plasterer here in the morning to look at the wreckage that is our bathroom.  Need to work out how much and when he can do it so I can plan that out.  It is going to be a mess I know but the disturbance is the problem - more for young A who is working now and will need to sort out how we can get the bathroom refurbished as quickly as possible - I think I could do it in a week but that is really pushing it and hoping everything goes to plan!  It is the drying and curing times that are the problem not actually doing the work.


Feel somewhat annoyed too.  Mum wants me to go up so we can spread dad's ashes.  The Olympics start next Friday and she'd like to do it then - the trouble is being south of London and having to go north on the day of the Olympic opening ceremony which must be happening all of 15 miles from us - well go figure!  Now I'm not particularly fussed about doing it.  It is symbolic of course but I said my goodbye, quite publicly at his funeral and so don't have a need or indeed a want to go do this.  Not sure if my mum and brother will be OK with it.  I shall have to tread carefully.

No comments: