Friday, July 13, 2012

Mmmm - So HOW are you meant to feel?

I do tend to worry about myself some times.  So are you meant to be in bits at your dad's funeral?  I wasn't ecstatic when I got my clears - you'd have thought I'd leap for joy.  Today I was OK, measured, and there for everyone.  We sent off dad as well as could be expected and we laughed and joked about him and some of the stuff we jointly enjoyed.  Even my brother came through it pretty well.  My tribute went down well - I think.  


So there you go, that's dad's funeral out of the way and I'm glad that it went well eventually.  The strife I went through with my brother and the strange thing is that his wreath wasn't there.  I took it in last week.  He had gotten it from the Royal Corps of Signals and it wasn't there with the other flowers!  Oooooppppss.  I'm not sure if he noticed - I hope he didn't.  Anyway, he was good and whilst it was sad it was also humorous and I managed to make a few people see the funny side of life with dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad it went ok mate. Was thinking of you.