Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Long talk with business partner

It was nice to get the chance to have a chat with my business partner.  We are both now looking for new jobs and busily working on our CVs.  Everything has changed now though and we aren't looking for the sort of jobs we used to do.  I'm doing my best to put forward a good case for a job I'm interested in but I feel I might be putting too much into it.  I need to spend tomorrow revising it and cutting it down.  The letter and CV looks OK but the response to the job is difficult as they've hardly described the job at all but I want them to realise I understand the job thoroughly and am up for the challenge.


Other than that the bathroom furniture arrived today so I have everything needed to do the bathroom but need the plasterer to say when he can do it - then I can plan everything else around it.  Unfortunately it means being without a bathroom for about 1 and a half weeks to 2 weeks I reckon.  We have a cloakroom and two sinks downstairs but with 4 to 6 people in the house at the moment it is difficult to work this all out.  If they need the new suite they will just have to bear with me whilst I do it.  Of course if I get this job it will be "interesting" as it will probably start very soon indeed.


Spoke to mum today she's bagged up all dad's clothes ready to go to the charity shop.  I suggested that I would have come up and done that but she is a very pragmatic sort of person and I think she needs to get these things sorted and move on - she isn't the sort to sit around moping about and that's good I think.  I just hope that she gets a life now after being devoted to dad for so long and looking after him so well these past years.


I am also a little concerned with my own feelings.  I don't know what I'm feeling at the moment.  I am somewhat neutral still and my mate and I felt we were perhaps just disenchanted with the way things had gone with the business.  It isn't that it is a bad idea or has great merit just that there are no visionary people available to move the idea on.  It seems a shame really but there you go.  Maybe we will strike it lucky and someone come and buy the idea off us or at least take it further still.  The weather here hasn't helped the low feelings everyone has and leading to the Olympics when we should all be celebrating seems to be a damp squib.  They say the weather will change next week - well let's hope it shines bright as the world turns its attention to us.

No comments: