Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mum on the phone in bits

My brother dropped around a copy of his order of service and so mum did a flip and thank goodness she has decided that she will have a Civil Service for dad not a religious one.  Not sure what my brother, the Pope, will make of it but he's such an inconsiderate dick and perhaps now he will realise that what I've been saying to him all along is right you just can't bludgeon your way with stuff like this and try and get a service that is inappropriate and not in keeping with the deceased wishes or my mums either.


At least, she now has the person coming around at 10 this morning to discuss it with her and what my brother has also done is to force the issue, I'd already told him that dad wanted a Humanist (Civil) funeral but he set it up as a CofE one without discussing it with mum or me.


GGGGrrrrrr.  Anyway, without my intervention, mum has decided to get back on track but she was mightily upset by the huge order of service and high Church content.  The last time my dad went to church was to see my 18 year old daughter christened so about 17 1/2 years ago at a guess.  I thought it  was funny though as my brother decided to add the caveat "Yes I read the Bible" to which the retort "It's a shame you didn't understand what you read" probably did injure him :-)  I take no prisoners in this self righteous behaviour.


Anyway, things are back on track and instead of getting his way, which we were happy to go along with, it has all backfired because of the heavy hand he played.  I hope that mum will chat to the person later and just get what she wants.  

No comments: