Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Little Black Humour

Sure dad would have seen the funny side - it rained really heavily and as we drove past the canals and rivers, through the flooded roads it came to me that had dad realised it was going to rain this hard and for this long he could have saved his money and have been buried at sea :-)


My brother has managed to settle right down and was much more like his usual self.  It seems such a shame that he got himself in such a tizz about things.  However, knowing how uptight my dad was and his battles with depression (and mine) I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.  After all that grief he did well, he toned down his eulogy and he didn't seem to overdo it on the sentimentality.  When mum asked him, he said that he did enjoy the service and that's the main thing.  A balance between solemnity and humour as dad was a great joker and never really wanted any fuss.


I'm sitting here at my mum's house.  She's having an afternoon siesta - she probably has a year's worth of sleep to catch up on and so I'm watching the golf and trying my best to be quiet :-)



No comments: