Tuesday, July 03, 2012

And that's it - Dad is dead

I arrived back home and got the call from my brother that dad had just died a short time before he called.  It is all a bit strange and a bit sudden and to say I wasn't expecting it to be so soon would be an understatement.  But he passed away at 1:30 in the Hospital just as my mum arrived in the car park below.  They'd just parked up and the call arrived.


In a way I think that is a good thing, we really hated seeing him just lying there and all helpless and sad and at least this meant he died without pain and his life just passed away.  I suppose mum may have wanted to be there but I'm not sure that you can ever be there all the time and she's been at his side all the time she has been allowed to be there.


I won't be forgetting my birthday in a hurry :-)  I'm sort of OK with this at the moment, I feel a little bit strange but not what I thought I'd be like.  Perhaps after the shock has gone?

No comments: