Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sport overload

The Olympics get under way on Wednesday with the football and this time next week will be the bike race.  Today saw Bradley Wiggins win the Tour de France - the first British guy to do so. There was so much sport on it was amazing there was the Cricket where we are getting soundly beaten by South Africa, the German Grand Prix, The Open Golf, there was World Touring Cars and Cart on too.  By some happy circumstance, the F1 was on the TV today as we appear to have got a few extra channels - not sure if for the weekend or maybe for the duration of the Olympics - who knows.  Also noticed that we have around 20 channels for the Olympics allowing us to watch non stop Olympic action.  Last time the games were on we were in the Azores on holiday.  It doesn't seem 4 years ago.


I've made it a thing to phone my mum up every day at the moment until she tells me she doesn't want me to.  Still not sure about going up to do dad's ashes.  It doesn't really fit well with me and to travel up to empty them onto the roses doesn't make much sense to me.  I'll try and plan to go up in between the two sets of Olympics as to travel anywhere in the next two weeks is meant to be crazy so they say.


I've had receipt of my CV acknowledged and now just have to wait until they've done their review.  I don't know who I'm up against so will wait to hear the results of their review.  You never know with these things of course, you just never know.  At least this time it appears to be above board which the last one could hardly have said to have been.

No comments: