Sunday, July 08, 2012

Getting on with it

Things are complete here except for speaking to the vicar to discuss the order of service.  It is no use me hanging around - mum doesn't want me to and I can pick up my daughter tonight and drive her home at the same time so that's a bit of a plan too.


At some time or the other I need to leave mum here to her devices, she knows that after that she will hit a brick wall and be bad for some time - won't we all?  I haven't really had a bad time of it, I did have some sadness (watching Field of Dreams) and a little the other day when my mum told me what she wanted written from her on the flowers "Thank you for being my best friend"  there, bugger it, tears in eyes again.  That's because mum and dad were very much in love, very close and have always been so.  That's why I'm quite lucky because I was brought up in that environment.  However, I'm not inclined to be a blubbing sort and remember being cut up at my Uncle's funeral because there were so many people there and so many people who were in tears.  His death was particularly tragic and sudden which also didn't help.


I have to do the family tribute but just hope I can hang out for that because I just know what my brother and his lot will be like and my mum too.  Perhaps I'd better make sure I don't make that too emotional.


So I'll be off home a little later, after the F1 from Silverstone (which looks to be more like a boat race) and the Tennis with Andy Murray trying to go for glory.  That gives me an extra day or so to write this thing.  Additionally it will also mean I don't have to battle over the order of service with my brother.  If anyone has gone over board it is him!  He can be a right pillock sometimes and writes saccharin sweet rubbish and bollocks, oh dear, I suppose that's his way of dealing with it.

No comments: