Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Never been out of the Village

Don't know why this popped into my head but it was interesting to hear this from a number of people up at the Hospital where my dad was.  Some people arriving at the Hospital who had never been "this far" from their home and some nurses who had never been further than the largest biggest town (Norwich) in their life.


I recollect finding this strange when one of our cleaning ladies in Croydon had never been to London.  I'm not sure what I think about that having been privileged to travel to North America and around Europe.  I haven't been much further than that yet but goodness, to never have travelled even a few miles away from your home in all your life shows a certain lack of ambition or interest.  Of course, it could be that I don't really get why you'd not want to explore - I can't put myself in their situation it is so alien to me not to travel and explore.

No comments: