Tuesday, July 17, 2012

That's one less problem out of the way

I was going to ring my friend today - it's been 2 weeks since I went for the interview and since dad died.  We suggested about 2 weeks to "think about" the job which they'd have liked me to do but I was concerned about the journey and during the Olympics too - something that they'd admitted they had not thought about - considering the road race comes right past them and the roads would be closed, you'd have thought someone would have thought of it.


Over the past two weeks I've thought hard about whether I want to do it and do you know what?  I really shouldn't thin too hard.  I knew as soon as I'd arrived home after quite a long journey there and back and just getting a "feel" of the place that I'd probably find it annoying and frustrating and that the journey at around 4 hours a day would be too much.


So this morning I got a text saying that the guy who wanted me there isn't getting anywhere trying to put some discipline into them and he is leaving so there would be little point in me going there.  That's fine and it saves the phone call I was about to have with them.

Things work out for the best sometimes.  


Gosh - 2 weeks since dad died!  I'm still not sure where I am with that yet?

No comments: