Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Strange Day

I have a headache but atmosphere (humid heavy) and the stresses and strains of the day have all added to things.  Mum phoned this morning and both of us had our birthdays messed up a bit.  I doubt dad even knew what day it actually was and he would have been distressed if we had told him.  I'm now just getting ready to go up for 4 or 5 days to see what I can do.  


Quite a bit has happened already and so that's OK but certificates need to be collected, the Registrar of Births and Deaths needs to issue the Death Certificate and other paperwork and then we can proceed.  It looks like, as long as I can achieve paperwork tomorrow, we can go ahead with a funeral on the 13th July.  They were going to go for the 16th but that is A's Graduation Ceremony so that's not possible and it is her first week in the job and she needs compassionate leave so she is a bit worried about that too.


I'm going to get ready now as I will set off at around 4 am to avoid the traffic and so that I can be with mum for breakfast.  It also avoids the toll on the river crossing too :-) 

No comments: