Monday, July 16, 2012

That was nice

Now that DID choke me up.  Not the ceremony but the Chancellor asked all the Graduates to stand, turn around to us behind them and show their appreciation for all we had done for them - very emotional moment.  It was something else to see my oldest daughter get her Degree today.  She looked great in her regalia and we were at the Royal Festival Hall on the South Bank and so have some nice photographs.  The ceremony was very nice but with 450 students being congratulated it was quite a busy afternoon.  We then managed to get an earlier train and then off to our evening meal.


It was a lovely family day and suddenly I was really choked up about it because my dad would have loved seeing the photos of A.  My mum will love them of course and A is the first in our line to graduate.  However she isn't the first in the overall family line and my cousin graduated some time ago.  


The meal was a nice happy affair and so it has been the end of a lovely day and I just hope A enjoyed it as much as we did.  

No comments: