Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Change - Life's only constant

I find myself today breaking free of the routine of the last 10 months and having to restyle my life around work, keeping fit, home and hobbies. My exercise routine needs to be changed to be at a different time of day rather than anything else.

I could indulge myself with 30 or 40 minutes of exercising, then relax and then go and have a shower and easily I'd have eaten up 2 hours of my day. Leisurely breakfasts and not really having to rush and tear about, eating meals at set times, watching the same shows at the same time each day - routine.

I've got to get out of that routine and change. I take my blood pressure every morning and evening and I won't be able to do that so I think I ought to change that to weekly now. I'm seeing the Doctor later this week and I hope that he will agree. I have 6 weeks or more BP readings and everything looks reasonably steady although I think he wants my BP to be a little lower still. The upcoming treatment will mean that we may have to hold fire on that.

Again, the treatment will necessitate a certain amount of routine. The Mondays are always a series of routines and rituals.

It is going to be interesting moving away from the comfort of routine to the organised chaos that is to come in this job. Like many things - humans aren't great at changing especially where that change takes you out of your comfort zone and somewhere a little beyond.

No comments: