Thursday, May 17, 2007

The cumulative effect of knowing that you are getting better

It is a strange old thing. I'm obviously pleased that I'm clear for the moment, that the treatment will in all probability give me a clean bill of health within the next 5 months, who wouldn't be. The ten year long term follow up plan is great and if, as is often the case with bladder cancer it comes back, at least they can get it early and not as I started this journey - an early diagnosis but could be earlier :-)

Anyway, yes I'm really pleased about it and as every day has gone by, I'm a little more pleased about it and feel a little more confident in what I've been told and the odds have improved. Speaking of odds, because there was no recurrence in the last three months since treatment - the odds change. Finding two precancerous areas is better than finding CIS or a tumour there so my odds of recurrence have gone down as well which is good.

All these things are really positive - they all add up to the best news possible. It is just taking me a long time to get used to the news and the improved outlook and the optimism that must go with that.

No comments: