Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Getting away from the subject of the blog

Will happen. I just realised this as I was on another forum specifically about Bladder Cancer - The Bladder Cancer Web Cafe which is a great site - there is a link on the right hand side of this blog.

I've arrived at that part of the journey now where, I'm beginning to get my life back and I'm beginning to see that I can control how much I should be concentrating on each aspect. Sure, the weight of the disease was lifted - what - two weeks ago today and then the insurance finally stated that I did meet the requirements and we were never certain we would. You see CIS (Carcinoma in Situ) is written out in the policy - even though it is pretty nasty in bladder cancer terms as it happens. What was in was that there was a malignant tumour. So that is a weight off my shoulders and then, almost at the same time, I've got the job. The job really was reliant on the insurance money though as I do need to finance my entry into the business.

So three things all happening together and I can make plans, work around treatments and know that I can finally begin to get my life back.

That is why, for the first time in 10 months that I can actually start to think about other things and fill this blog with the ordinary things that are happening which should instill to anyone who has just been diagnosed that things do improve and that you do come out of the dark places and back into the light and that you can hope for better days than you have now.

Hope - if you have just been diagnosed - things do get better - it is time and how you and your head deal with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that life is returning to normal You have all had a bad time
Good news about the job It will give your brain something else to think about
Insurance payout???? What has happened to NHS??
Perhaps before you bury yourself in work you can all have a vacation together

valbri

A Dived Ref said...

Glad you metioned the insurance - it is different so I put up a blog about the differences.

Vacation booked this morning!!