Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Brazilian?

Not quite.

In an earlier blog I mentioned that there was a huge bare patch on my leg like 6 x 4 or perhaps even 6 x 8. So I had to ask what that was for - as you do.

Well it was interesting. They have to cauterise the areas they cut out of your bladder and that is obviously electric. If you ever saw the film clip of the operation they use a loop of wire and as it cuts out the tumour it cauterises behind it.

So - bare leg?? Yes they have to earth your body so that the thing actually works. Being of somewhat hairy disposition, they have to have a good contact and that is why I have a shaved patch on my leg.

The female element of this household were sniggering that Dad had had his legs waxed. Well the best bit about this was it was done under general anaesthetic and I didn't feel a thing! So there!

No comments: