Thursday, March 15, 2012

Almost done

Blimey a marathon effort soaking, washing, boiling, simmering, rinsing, cooling and packaging my legumes :-)  It has taken the best part of the day doing it - not standing over them but timings and cooling down, packaging and freezing etc.  Almost done now and some left out for my meal tonight.


Just juiced up some carrots with some brussel sprout top - uggghhhh I'd forgotten how awful it tastes.  As luck would have it I have some Limes and Lemons so a hit of lemon seems to have dampened it down and on my 6th pint of cold water too.  I'm having coffee around about lunch time, normally an Americano but today did some filter so I could have a couple of cups.  I've cut out sweeteners altogether and milk and all dairy so quite a change for me but not unpleasant and I've been able to cook up some interesting meals and using various herbs and combinations it hasn't been too bad.  It's only Thursday and I have another day to go before going off and trying some other stuff.  So far, so good, I've not weighed myself but I actually feel better and I actually feel thinner certainly my trousers are coming undone because they are too large and my belt size has gone in a notch although I attribute much of that to the holiday and all the exercise I got walking around Venice. Florence and Rome.


We are going out on Saturday night the girls are taking Mrs. F. out for Mothers Day which is on Sunday.  They cleverly have vouchers for the evening and I suggested that I'll foot the bar bill as I may have a few extra beers and will certainly have a blow out meal!



No comments: