Sunday, March 18, 2012

Back on the diet

I'm almost relieved to be back on the diet - I was quite uncomfortable last night with all the eating stuff you like and high carb content etc., but it needs to happen once a week and no doubt I will get my balance of being decadent once a week as time moves on.  


I dug out my old egg steamer (poacher) from the back of one of the kitchen cupboards and used that this morning it works well.  I'm using up the some of my pre-prepared frozen legumes.  Chick Peas this morning and not too many of them as it says they should be used in moderation and so I will make sure I have a good few days gap in between using them again.  I have some Avocados that must also be used in moderation, perhaps for lunch?  Anyway, I can definitely feel the weight loss and more interestingly things like bending over to tie a shoe or pick something up are now much easier so I'm pleased about that.  


I'm once again keeping away from TV and Radio and Internet news so as not to find out the F1 result - the replay show is on at 2pm.  It is a bit of a nuisance that F1 has come off terrestrial TV and is now a "paid for" Satellite experience.  I'm not sure that for the 40 hours of actual racing I want to pay out £360+ a year.  In fact 10 of the races will be on terrestrial so it definitely doesn't make economic sense that would be around £30 a race :-)  I think they have the highlights of every race plus the 10 live ones so I'll see how it can be scheduled.  


I should have sat down and done some accounts this weekend and actually, frankly, I can't be arsed to do it :-)  I know that sounds bad but occasionally you just need to have some "me" time.  I'm beginning to consider my future options especially as we haven't had even a nibble from the investment community.  People outside of that community cannot understand how our idea cannot be given some level of investment.  


We are aware (and always were) that this was a possible outcome and have planned for it.  The next step will be to approach Corporate companies who have money available and will venture with us.  That changes the game a bit for us.  In fact it changes it a lot but if that doesn't happen and we cannot Joint Venture either then we are sort of clutching at straws and will need to take a deep breath and close the business down.  It will be a shame of course but that's what happens and great ideas and clever innovation do not always get recognised and realised.  We would have done what we needed to bring the idea to life and have it investor ready.  We might be able to "sell" the work we have done and the company name etc., to recover some costs but that's not immediately likely.


So I'm doing some thinking about what I'd like to do next if things don't work out the way I would like them to.  There's plenty of things and opportunities out there and I could probably pursue a dream or perhaps change career or do something completely "out there" :-)  I just need a lazy Sunday like today to do that....

No comments: