Monday, March 26, 2012

And Another Thing

Which I just realised was that I forgot to add some legumes to my lunch which is a minor disaster now - half way through the afternoon... I feel slightly hungry now and I don't normally and it was one of those "moment" that you get when you try and work out quite what you've done wrong and then I saw the container with the black eye beans and realised!  Doh...   Oh well I will have to have them all at tea time.  I am cooking a rather nice looking bit of Turkey which will go down well and just need to make sure I get that all prepared as I'm cooking for three tonight and of course, my meal is subtly different to theirs.


I'm sitting here reviewing what I want to do should we be unable to raise funds for our venture.  It's looking more and more likely that that will happen and so I'm working on a mind map of my options, my dreams, my needs and so on.  It has been interesting so far because there are some interesting things coming out of it including the wish not to want to commute - believe me commuting in and out of London each day really is the pits and I'm blowed if I'm going to do that without a significantly good excuse.    Also interesting that I'm not particularly bothered about going back into any of the high powered jobs I used to hold.  There's a reluctance to get back into the high stress lifestyle I used to have.  Interesting exercise developing the ideas, reviewing the dream things (or are they) and reviewing the options.  It is nice to look at living and working on a Canal Boat or things that I could do associated with that - except that the nearest canals are the other side of London to here or indeed further afield.  Interesting life but not certain that it will be as idyllic as it looks or is made out to be.


Like many things in life, the stuff that looks to be fun and rewarding probably aren't :-)  It is good though to go through this process and list all these things out and start to get some ideas formulated I find. 

No comments: