Tuesday, March 13, 2012

So far so good

Trying to work out if I'm this cold because of the diet :-)  I am absolutely frozen so much so that I put the central heating on early this afternoon.  Mind you I have been drinking ice cold water and a good few pints of that too.  Had my high protein breakfast and lunch both with beans for carbs.  Had one cup of coffee today so far but feel the need for a cup of soup in a minute just to warm up!  


Will have chicken tonight with some beans and vegetables.  Off out to the pub so I will contain myself with Red Wine rather than Beer so as to keep on plan.  Saturday is my day off and so I will enjoy a bit of a cheat then.  I like the idea of having stuff that you wouldn't normally have anyway like chocolate and doughnuts etc.  Not sure I'll go absolutely wild but I may cut loose with some pastries :-)


So far then so good, getting used to it and not feeling hungry at the moment but feeling cold and not surprised drinking this chilled water all day.  Did also do a carrot juice this morning but added a touch too much Lime which made it a bit difficult to drink :-)  I will keep juicing just to ensure that I get my concentrated fix of vegetables into my system.  I won't be doing too much in the way of getting off plan though as I just need this to keep me topped up with the good stuff.


I have to say that I'm feeling good and got a good night's sleep and was up and about early too.  It feels like a long day because of that and also getting breakfast eaten within the hour of waking means that I get going much quicker.  I will go and give myself a short work out after writing this - no more than 5 or 10 minutes just to start to get into the habit.


I think after the holiday I am in a much better place mentally especially as I think that I've started to think the unthinkable that we may not get funded with our project.  That was always a possibility and so I can calmly look forward to see what may come afterwards and take my time to do that.  We aren't near the last throw of the dice but we have completed a number of phases and are getting past half way without much take up.  From the meeting we had yesterday, it appears that our experience isn't un-typical in today's climate.  We do however have a few trump cards left to play and that will be the test a little later.


Well that's about it at the moment, I feel slimmer from the holiday and fitting into my suit trousers was a bonus yesterday, I just hope that I can keep this momentum up and start to get back into my old clothes and fit more comfortably into my present ones!

No comments: