Monday, March 12, 2012

New Regime

I was pretty impressed that on returning from holiday that I have managed to drop a belt size and even my watch needed to go in a notch.  That's what a lot of walking can do for you and also eating sensibly.


Talking of eating sensibly, I am today starting the diet that fellow blogger Steve Kelley has had such success with.  See here for Steve's experiences.  Some time ago Steve and I tried a cross Atlantic weight loss "competition" and whilst we both lost a bit we had to work really hard at it and like may other diets I managed to put back everything I lost and more :-( 


Steve has had impressive results so far and as far as I can see the whole thing is sustainable and  makes a lot of sense.  I'd suggest you don't do this if you are actually being treated or have cancer at the moment or to at least seek medical advice.


So I've prepared for this by getting rid of anything likely to deter me from the path of eating just a few things regularly for 6 days a week and then having a 7th cheat day.  In essence I started this yesterday and stepped off this morning with a protein rich breakfast and some ice cold water to get things moving :-)  Unfortunately I'm out to lunch today (typical) but I know what I can ask for or look for in terms of food and so will make sure that I do that.  


The biggest problem with this diet is where to get your carbs from and so Legumes are the way to go on this.  I've loaded the house up with Lentils and Black Eyed Beans etc.  Now I need to prepare them and get them ready for using as it is these that need to be used to provide the carb part of the diet.  If you don't get them you run a real risk of running out of energy, feeling hungry etc.  


Rather than rattle through what Steve has eloquently described again here all I'll say is that I am looking forward to the change and trying this out and giving it a good go, it appears to be good in terms of results and in terms of allowing me to add in exercise without having to do 45 minutes a day which I was easily doing when I was dieting last year.  It is strange that I am getting back into clothes that were too small 4 or 5 months ago and so there is further incentive for me to continue to bring my weight down.  


Here goes - let's see what happens.

No comments: