Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Update on the CT Scan

Due on 30th March at lunchtime so that was a bit quicker than I was lead to believe it would be.  I've read the basic stuff it looks as if I'll be there for a few hours so MP3 and Kindle reader are up for an outing.  I guess it will require gown and all that stuff so best take my sandals and sort that out.  


I can't say I'm particularly looking forward to it but will just make the best of it.  I can call the Doctors up afterwards and do my BP the week after as I wouldn't want to measure what my BP will be like leading up to it.  Like all these things it will all be over and done with pretty quickly and so I'll just grin and bear it and can then move on.  Of course there's always the worry that they'll find something :-(  Anyway - I suppose that should be a reason to be thankful that they'll find something if I do have anything.


Anyway, at least it is only 10 days away so that's something.  After sorting it out I went shopping but only got enough to stick in the bag I was carrying I could have got completely carried away with all the food that was there and the seafood was really tempting there was some nice Mackerel there but I resisted and only got some bits and pieces that I wanted to try out.  Some Cod Roe, some Butter Beans and Haricots plus some Mushrooms, Fish Sticks and some Chinese Leaf - they also had Pak Choi but I thought I'd never get that home.  I managed to find some Egg Whites in a carton too and got another 18 eggs.  I get through 3 eggs a day at the moment and so thought I ought to use the Egg White and just one or two eggs with it.   Not sure yet will try and resolve that.  I took one look at the Turkey Bacon and decided against that :-)  It was about £2.40 for 6 rashers :-(  So I'll be making do with the nice stuff we froze at Christmas time which is very good quality.  I was being suspicious of Bacon but I am now having it occasionally as it is allowed in the diet.


On the day of the CT Scan that is going to get hit as there is no eating for 4 hours and I'm going to be there at lunchtime.  They will want to fill me up with water - well I'll already be full with the amounts I drink so I'd better moderate it that day.  Hmmmm, at least I'll be ready to eat heartily when I've finished - I'll be able to have lunch and tea all at the same time! 

No comments: