Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It can't be that difficult

I'm sure that I'll be quite upbeat about this after Friday and say how easy it all was and how I worried about nothing :-)  And that's the thing really, I mean how bad can this be for someone who's had a catheter shoved up you know where without anaesthetic :-)  That's the thing, I've had far worse things than lying in a big moving X-Ray machine.  I'm probably more worried about the dye than anything as I didn't particularly react well to that last time but as I keep reminding myself I'd just had major surgery no more than a week or two before and I was still very weak and although I hate to admit it, I was pretty poorly too.  


So I am not so anxious today - I have no idea if it was this or speaking to my mum - as dad's not particularly great at the moment.  He's still doing well but getting weaker and it is all just hard work for him to get up and around.  His mind of course is as sharp as ever and so he knows what is going on.  Perhaps it was that?  I'm going up to see him in a couple of weeks.


Added to that is the knowledge that we are also getting towards the end game for the business too.  No matter how good an idea it is, how well thought through and documented, if no one will invest then it will be consigned to the pile like many others before and no doubt afterwards.  It was always an option and we have planned for it but the disappointment and inability for people to get away from traditional ideas is frightening.  People are also not great listeners or readers which is shocking considering that their job is to think laterally, think differently, read and absorb information quickly etc.  In fact, it shows how conditioned people must become if they can't grasp some simple truths and realise there is another way to tackle these.  Ho hum...


So whilst that looks to be coming up on the horizon, we have been seeking funding for 6 months and our cut-off is at the end of April.  We initially envisaged a one year time frame but that was before just the two of us were left as half the team bailed out.  So two years effort, a significant investment of our time and perhaps little to show for it, other than the idea and the name :-)  Oh well, it had to be done to confirm the idea and to see if it would see the light of day.  Without doubt that is playing away at the back of my mind a bit.  Anyway - let's see what the latest contacts will be able to do for us. 

No comments: