Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Considering what to do next

I'd probably say that the workload is diminishing by the day now.  We are waiting on people getting back to us and there's not a lot we can do (apart from print the money maybe!) and so days have suddenly become long and every email arriving is pounced on as if something wonderful is going to happen.  It isn't of course and the way things are going it is unlikely that the next 4 to 6 weeks will throw up anything new or exciting.  So it gives me time to consider what I want to do next and that's proving a problem really.  When you've been involved in something that has the potential to change so many people's lives and it remains unfulfilled anything else is a bit of a let down really.  An anti climax and in a way I suppose it cannot be anything else.  It was never going to fade away because we planned for a test point to be reached and we are coming up close to that and if things don't happen then the test point is proven and we take the next course of action in our plan.


What is "funny" is that there's some obvious disappointment in this but no real anger or resentment (apart from understanding some of the more inside working of the finance industry).  There's not a feeling that we've been hard done by as in reality, if we have done this properly then those people who should be interested would have been but they are not.  The economic, political and world climate just isn't here at the moment.  We've either peaked too soon or not soon enough and perhaps we might be listened to later on?


There's a bit of a hole opening up as it is something I've done now for close to 2 years - I hadn't planned 2 years but there you go.  You can't think about what to do next if you are working on what  was in front of you so it can only happen now at this time.  It's difficult to know where to start except that the holiday cleared my head and whilst I have some negative thoughts I'm in a better place than I was before going away - I did feel that we weren't doing enough but perception is very often much different to reality.


So, tomorrow I'll take a walk up to Costa for breakfast and meet with Flocky Bicep and we can have a chat about Lodge and so on and then also about life in general...  I'm looking forward to that a lot.  I hope he is :-)  He will have me bending his ear for half a morning!!!!  

No comments: