Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cheat Day has arrived

I feel like a bit of a Devil and want to go all out to cheat and have things I normally wouldn't anyway but the tale of the scale is holding me back a little.  How about it looks as if I've lost between 6 and 8 pounds!  In one week.  It is one of those uncertainty things as I forgot when I weighed myself and whether it was before or after food.  At the moment I'm loaded with a high protein breakfast and a quart of water so I'm bound to be a little heavier on the scales but they were hovering close to 16 and a half Stones!  Which is pretty good.  Mrs. F. commented this morning that I was visibly slimmer and she could see that most of my balcony of a stomach has melted away.  I'm very pleased as the diet isn't as "bad" as I thought it might be and by that I mean bland and boring.  I've managed to pull meals together and just use my imagination - sometimes they combine well and other times it's just like eating a mess of stuff :-)


So the quandary has arrived, I can go and cheat and eat what I like and all I have ready is some Flax Seed Oil and Cottage Cheese which I can make up with some dried fruits that I like and some yoghurt and I have a nice slice of Stilton sitting in the Fridge with my name on it.  Other than that, I'm struggling to find what else to cheat with but tonight I can have what I like as we are out for a meal so perhaps that will make me feel less guilty about "undoing" the work - in real terms, as far as I can see, I'm not actually undoing the work I've done but it feels like it.


Now I've got to keep clear of the radio and TV and the Internet so that I can watch the highlights of F1 qualifying on the TV later.


So - great results on the weight loss front and long may that continue, I imagine, like many other diets, the first week's losses are quite large and things will settle down over the weeks ahead.   Anyway, other things I've noticed - which may sound strange - are that I can get my clothes on better and that may seem strange to say but I was struggling to do that and was feeling "fat" hence going on the diet made a lot of sense as does the other health benefits of getting back to a normal weight, eating healthily and so on.


Right - off now to wreak mayhem on the household's food supplies - watch out fattening, sugary foods "Here's Johnny!!!" :-)

2 comments:

Steve Kelley said...

You need to eat at least one high carb meal to re-set your system. Staying on slow-carb will allow your body to adapt and begin banking fat again. The reset gives a nice shock as well as relieving any cravings that my have been building up.

A Dived Ref said...

Thanks for that Steve. We are going out to an Italian Restaurant later and so I expect I can load up there. I've got into the swing now slightly overdosing on Cheese and also decided I'd better have a few slices of bread and also some cheese biscuits.

I'll see if I can do a full body shock at the Restaurant :-)