Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Short on carbs

Could tell that today I was short on the carbs as I felt hungry and you really shouldn't feel like that.  So have set out to sort out my Black Eye Beans, Lentils and Split Peas and I have some Chick Peas that Mrs. F. bought but they must be had in moderation only so I'll prepare them but use sparingly.  I can then freeze all of these and use them as I have this week for three meals a day - I need to somehow work out how I can make it 4 meals a day.  


I have managed pretty well and apart from the red wine slip up, everything else seems to be working out OK.  I feel quite cold which is unusual, I probably need to wear something a bit warmer but I'm drinking ice cold water and lots of it during the day.


Another 2 days to go until the cheat day which I have planned for one of my big no nos normally and that is Stilton Cheese.  I froze quite a bit that I got for Christmas and so I can get that out of the freezer on Friday night and have that on Saturday.


The Formula 1 season starts on Saturday with the Australian Grand Prix.  It is no longer free to view and so I'll have to make do with the highlights.  I don't see that paying over £300 a year is quite right just to watch a couple of races (and that is all).  I suppose we are lucky to get highlights.    I imagine that this will start to erode the sport in this country as it did when they took over boxing.  


On a brighter note, I've ordered my new mobile phone and package and hope that it will be a good step forward.  I've got a slightly different package of time and data which I hope will actually mean me using it properly.  I've had to seriously curtail using the one I have now as I ran up a £12 bill just for downloading a few emails.  Hopefully that will now go away.  Looking forward to getting a larger phone as well as the small screen on mine makes it difficult to read sometimes.

No comments: