Friday, March 23, 2012

They grow up so quickly

So A asks me to choose which outfit she should wear and appears in a power dress grey skirt and jacket suit followed by a black trouser and jacket combo.  I'm amazed at the transformation.  Art students, by their nature, aren't suit people :-)  She looked totally different and "all grown up".  So I asked what is the occasion?  She has an interview at one of the top galleries in the UK.  So she has gone out and "invested" in these two suits - her own money - and is preparing herself for her interview next week.


I'm always impressed by her planning and attention to detail and we spent some time crafting her cover letter.  It isn't even a permanent job and covers the summer but, she suggests that if she can get the job, do well etc. she will have it on her CV as a minimum and will be asking for any future opportunities to work there.  I'm most impressed.


Also this morning was also most impressed to take in another notch on my waist line belt :-)  That's impressive, that's two notches in two weeks.  Long may that continue.  

No comments: