Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Butter Beans and Exciting News

I soaked the Butter Beans overnight and cooked those up this morning - all now put away in the Freezer ready for my meals.  Not sure if I'll do the Haricots tomorrow or later on in the week.  Have been having some twitchy moments about having the scan on Friday but not enough to get too worried about it.  It can't be anywhere near as bad as the IVU thing I had which truly was the lowest moment of my diagnosis but, to be fair, I wasn't very well when I had it done and so that had a lot to do with it.


So exciting news.  What could be so exciting?  Well, you may recall I used to have two pianos but had to give one up as Mrs. F. didn't want two in the house - I can't blame her really.  I kept the family heirloom, a piano Made by my Great Great Uncle's company it therefore has A Ferdinando on the key board cover and inside on the frame.  However, this is no musical instrument and was in a bad state when I got it.  We have done our best but it will never truly function as a musical instrument and would never have made concert pitch ever.  


This next bit is sad and exciting.  My 2nd cousins who are descended from Great Great Uncle Arthur were the first to show me a Ferdinando piano, one passed down through the family and it is in great condition and still playable.  The sad news is that their mother recently died and the house has to be cleared and none of the boys has room for it.  I've spoken to Mrs. F. and as long as I swap it for the piano I have now, we can bring it here and continue to look after it as a lasting heirloom of the family.  So it is sad that it is no longer going to stay in their family but I'm excited to be the custodian of it for a little while.  I can write up that Piano's history and ensure that its providence is documented and it can hopefully continue on as a piece of history, a nice piece of furniture and as an instrument as this one actually plays.....




So, I am excited about this as it allows me to have a fully functioning Ferdinando piano in the house and use the other one as spares or to pass on to someone else in the family.  I will be able to look after this one on behalf of the family and for future generations.

No comments: