Friday, December 01, 2006

Perception of the treatment

I had a funny chat today. Someone thought that - the treatment I was having now would be the lot, you know, I'd be fixed and that was it. I'd probably say that my impression would be the same if I didn't know all about my disease and the treatments available.

I will have to do some educational work I suppose to explain what it is I'm having done and what it really means.

I was disappointed to read today that this disease gets a lot of recurrences. I don't like the idea of that at all. The operations are stressful things to cope with and to imagine having to have a number of these again in the future is worrying. I hope that the treatment will get me as near to OK as is possible.

It's not that I don't like you - it is just that I could be writing this blog for a number of years!