Friday, December 08, 2006

And another one

Who thought that it was hoped that my medical problems were behind me now. I suppose it is only natural for people to think that way and I read some things about other cancers these days and don't like what I read so I'd probably not understand someone else's condition, nor would I specifically go out and read about it unless they were perhaps closer to me.

So I suppose I shouldn't get angry about it. I find it quite difficult to wrap up in a few words exactly what my future holds for me anyway as that isn't exactly clear at the moment. It is quite an uncommon Cancer I suppose, I hadn't heard about it before I was diagnosed - heard about the big ones - Lung, Prostate, Throat and Breast etc., but Bladder - no never heard of it yet it is the 4th most common in men.

Anyway, just another of those things where I know that I'll be under long term observation (at best) and that I will not be fixed by Christmas this year or perhaps next year either or the year after that. I'm still coming to terms with that aspect of it and I've not got there yet so explaining it to someone who thinks this course of treatment is the end of things can be quite difficult.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not alone in not knowing about bladder cancer. I found out the same just 2 months ago. Never knew anyone with that type of cancer. Depending on the grade and stage, some bladder cancers are not as dangerous as others. The overall picture, however, is not that favourable if it comes to a cure. Hope you have one of the "better" kinds.