Monday, December 18, 2006

A Real Treat

For the past 6 Mondays I have missed my regular meeting with a bunch of very good friends. So tonight it was brilliant to meet up and have a beer before Christmas and a catch up of all the things that have happened over the past 6 weeks. We put many things to rights of course and once all the problems of the World had been resolved, we went on to discuss the finer points of politics, religion and some of the simpler issues. We had some fun discussing the interesting application methods of my recent therapy (as blokes are inclined to do) of course when it got to anything that may be eye watering or even slightly "below the belt" they gave up on that! :-)

So nice to get out and meet up with my friends again - what a relief to still be able to drink. The only problem is my clothes stink of cigarette smoke - yuk! OK I know I used to but suddenly I am really very sensitive to it. I noticed it with people smoking outside the Hospital - it really makes me feel quite ill these days.

I am off again tomorrow resolving someone's PC problems and I have now managed to track down some legacy equipment for the other problem I inherited this morning. That is my lot for today, I've done more today on my holiday than I would have done if I'd gone to work!! I must be doing something wrong...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

really looking forward to smoke free pubs (and you buying me a drink)

A Dived Ref said...

The first one will definitely happen :-) I wouldn't hold your breath on the last one!

Anonymous said...

what - after i bought your first one last monday - how mean

A Dived Ref said...

OK now I know it is you