Thursday, October 10, 2013

Bank Account Opened - At Last

Finally I have the bank account open and can start to use it.  It feels like months since I tried to get it open :-)  I will at least be able to start trading soon and set up some other elements of my business.  

For reasons that will become clear later it isn't all nice a straightforward as it may seem but nothing is insurmountable.  As I was saying some days ago, things will be what they will be and will take as long as they take and that's the way of it.  I can't be doing with getting all het up from worrying about this or that was a day or a week late as I'd rather just plod on and things will happen but possibly not in the way I was thinking and I'm OK with that.  It isn't as if I need to start the business today or next week for that matter.

The freedom that comes from getting all those false milestones and dates out of my head is great.  I am though looking forward to getting started and shaking down the business.  I will just grow into the business rather than go for a big bang approach - I want to test it out and see that all the processes work and that I can achieve the right level of income and lifestyle from it.

In many ways I can see that I could get too much work so I am going to have to build slowly and carefully, the feedback I have had so far is that the work could come in in large quantities and that would give me some initial problems but again - that's not such a bad thing as long as I can cope with it.

I won't be starting the business for at least a month as there is still work to be done and lots of other stuff to be sorted out in between too.  In the interim eBay is going bonkers for all these Vinyl records I have.  I thought the dealer was "insulting my intelligence" when he offered me just £220 for the whole lot and I have about 1000 LPs and Singles.  I know at least 200 of these are collectors items but the rest are landfill.  Some of the records are going for over £20 and some over £40 - I only need to sell about 10 to hit the dealer's offer....  Enough said :-)

Decluttering is also quite liberating as this stuff has just been cluttering up my cupboards for years!  Crazy but one man's rubbish is another's treasure I suppose.  


No comments: