Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Long Day Out

It was a long day I left the house at 11:15 a.m and arrived back around midnight after a quite interesting day travelling to Bournemouth and seeing my old boss giving a talk to a Lodge.  I used to write some of these and also used to deliver some of them myself and so it took me back to heady days when I first started at the Charity and whilst I enjoyed it, I did find that I only enjoyed that side of it, being the "centre of attention" and selling the charity.

It was good today and nice to be driven there and back again.  Well I had to get up to London to start but that was OK.

I often wonder about getting back into the swing of things with the Trust - I'd love to be a Council member/trustee but maybe in a year or two?  I'd certainly find it worthwhile and it may help them drive into the 21st century.

But the main thing was I had a great time and I just enjoyed it, didn't get sucked into some of the conversations but fired a few starter questions off and just enjoyed the banter.  

Off to see my mother tomorrow so the blog will be neglected for a few days and I hope that when I return I can drop the embargo and let you know what the hell is happening here :-) 


No comments: