Saturday, October 05, 2013

That WAS a Plumber? Really?

"Well there's your problem!" I pronounced as I pulled out the bend inserted into my leaking Salt Glaze Soil Pipe.  The pipe was oversize and not let into the throat of the pipe and so any water or other liquid from the WC and Hand basin hit the sill and where the mortar had not been applied properly, found its way up to the crack and out of the pipe.  

Now why the Plumber decided to put in such a bodge is beyond me as it would have been just as easy to put in a multi quick as do this complete botch up (I daren't call it cowboy as that would be offensive to them).

It's pretty messy but I think I can fix this with a long multi quick and some deft handiwork.  In fact I should be able to do it properly something the last guy obviously saved 10 minutes by bodging it up.  

Let's hope my plumbing supplies shop is open tomorrow so I can get the bits I need.  Crazy!


No comments: