Sunday, October 13, 2013

Why Oh Why

The Public - they really are amazing aren't they - I've got a guy who's written War & Peace about how much I should charge him for Postage and Packing.  Frankly it is borderline as I did a deal for someone that ended costing me money and so I'm erring on the part of caution - as you do but this guys calculated out all the weights and charges.  So I shall let him sweat and luckily I am going to the Post Office in the morning so will check it out as I have another exactly the same parcel going as his.  I am away for a week so he'll get the I have to get back to  you next week so sorry but on company business called away the last minute and then I can perhaps try the one I tried before asking for their packaging instructions so I can get that right for them.  I'll do it all nicely of course but it does annoy the hell out of me that they were quite willing to buy these with the terms and conditions I dropped a fair bit off of the postage and they only want to pay the postage and not the labour, time and costs of the packaging and going up to the Post Office etc.

But I'm calm about it I will just take my time to sort it out and give him the one week delay in the morning and see where we go from there.

So, other than that - I'm getting ready to go out tomorrow up to London, then I am going to Bournemouth and getting a lift back home then on Tuesday I am going to my mother's and will probably come home on Saturday.  I hope to get some sort of work done on my computer during that time but only to conduct the endless arguing about 50p postage and packing with bargain hunters no doubt.

I am going to carry on decluttering but have to say I do find this trivial stuff annoying but then again, it can be quite fun reading the number of people who just cough up money without thinking or those that must have spent an hour trying to save a few pounds.  Had one guy tell me that I over packaged something once :-) Would have been different if it arrived broken I asked.  Never heard from him again.  Where do all these stupid people come from.


No comments: