Wednesday, October 30, 2013

To Go Or Not To Go

I've got some invites to go to meetings one is local and one is a bit further away and I'd like to go but I just don't know what is happening at the moment and so I am in two minds about committing to them.  I'd rather say no than let anyone down but I suppose in reality there isn't a lot stopping me.

I had a good day yesterday with the art guy who is going to do my logo and stuff for the business.  He has also made me have a think about whether I need the complexity of my web site.  It would be nice to have something complex but actually as he rightly says - it is just as good to have customers tell you what they want and you contact them - that way you can be flexible about picking up and delivery.  Mmmm more stuff to think about.

My next door neighbour wants to pop around and see me on Friday morning - could be about the fence I suppose.  Mind you I could fix that for him - I think it is his fence but will need to see what he is thinking about.  

Other than that - my head is still in a funny old place at the moment as I know that all sorts of things are changing with my life and whilst I am OK with that it occasionally destabilizes me.  The mixed messages thing is just so strange I don't quite get it but what I have decided to do is not to read anything into these messages at all.  I'm just going to "play it cool" and do nothing to encourage or discourage whatever is going on.  It sounds secretive but it is more a case of if I don't know what is going on so whatever I say about the situation isn't relevant at the moment.  The destabilizing thing is that what I wanted to happen some time ago but couldn't might still happen but I can't get my hopes up for it as I don't want to start all that dreaming and planning nonsense again only to get wounded and upset if it isn't what I'd like it to be.  So hence it is best not to expect anything and just let stuff unfold as it is intended - I can't influence it or have a say in it anyway so quite why I'm hung up on it I don't know other than the initial quandary of wondering what was going on and how I should react to a series of mixed messages.

Confused?  You ought to be inside my head at the moment :-) Having said that I'm fine and still happy and enjoying things.  I went up to the Post Office to post someone's eBay winning and then had a coffee and sat outside in the brilliant blue sky and warming autumn sunshine.  A Huge Heron flew overhead and landed on the house opposite, planes made comm trails in the sky and it was nice to sit and take it all in.  I realise that taking these breaks in my schedule are good things to do.  

It is a heavy day tomorrow trying to get a load of stuff out on to eBay as I've now really got into the meat of the record collection and also my CDs which I am also getting rid of. De-cluttering is going ahead at a pace.  

No comments: