Monday, October 07, 2013

Good Grief - 5 Stones

My kid brother, admittedly he did get quite large.  He'd been on fangled diets, weight loss pills, stuff like weight watchers.  What happens in all cases is that after you've dieted you go back to eating the stuff you used to eat and voila - bang goes on the weight again.

So I told him about changing his lifestyle (no not your diet - it implies that you can go back).  He's lost 5 stone.  His blood pressure has reduced, his blood work is good but he still needs to improve on that but he has dropped a hell of a lot - much more than I have but I suppose I was a few stone lighter than him well - quite a few stone lighter.  Anyway, he feels good, his health is good and the Doctor is happy with him.  If he keeps to this Low Carbohydrate High Fat diet he should continue to lose weight.  Me?  I'm still 3 1/2 stone lighter but again just hovering around the 15 stone mark - it's big but then I'm close to 6 foot and I'm pretty big anyway - you wouldn't want to run into me... :-)

I reckon I can lose about another 2 stone if not 3 and that should be it but like everything these days - it will happen and it will take time, no need to worry about it, force it or change diet.  That's the thing - stick at it and keep the faith it will happen and the weight loss will start again.  This week I've had two days where I couldn't really avoid carbs but I haven't gained any weight even though I've had some.  I think I've got to the point where the major loss has occurred and I'm happy with the odd carb here and there and I'm not going to live like a Hermit and if I happen to be out and there's a nice bit of cake on offer.... Well, why not.

So great news for my kid brother though and he feels and sounds great and the Doctors are happy so I'm really pleased because he was getting really depressed that he couldn't keep the weight off.  He is neither tired or irritable either because he is feeling full and not getting the carb and sugar problems he used to have.  Always feeling hungry, energy loss and so on.


No comments: