Friday, October 25, 2013

Concern For Me

Isn't it interesting that people are concerned for me - possibly more so than when I had cancer.  Lots' of people are sympathising and "making sure I am OK" which is nice.  Of course I don't suppose they are quite expecting to speak to the new me and when I respond how well I am feeling and that I'm quite happy with my situation and ready to move on it takes many people aback.

I suppose the interesting thing is that I'm instigating the break up and so in many ways I've had all the difficulties and the problems up to and including the time of breaking the news to Mrs. F.  At that time, for right or for wrong, all my worries disappeared and all hers started and whilst I do feel sorry to inflict pain on anyone as I've said before, I offset that with the years of mini stabs I got for 15 years or more, the nights spent out in the garden staring at the sky, drinking a glass of scotch to simmer down as I don't do angry and yelling or physical violence I just take myself off somewhere and go calm down.  These days I can calm down in a minute in a past life it could take me days to calm down.  

Today, I am almost excited at the prospect of finding a place to live, starting my business up and getting to grips with living a life away from the house and Mrs. F.  

Tomorrow I have a large Lodge meeting and some of the people I know will be told that I am leaving Mrs. F.  Some already know but whatever it will be interesting to gauge reactions and see how many are worried about me.  I'm looking forward to getting a few beers down my neck I have to say.  I just fancy a few beers and a chat with some of my mates.

No comments: