Monday, October 07, 2013

Who else saw that?

Not sure I should have gone to the party this evening but did anyway.   Arriving home late, I stuck on my MP3 player and grabbed a glass of wine and headed into the garden.  The stars were great, still spoilt by London's light pollution but still a wonderful sight to behold.

I saw 5 shooting stars and wondered, who else, this evening witnessed those same shooting stars?  Who else looked up and saw their headlong plunge into Earth's atmosphere?  After Billions of years, travelling across the Universe who else was there to see their change of form from a meteorite into something else?  After all that time who was there to witness the end of their incredible journey and the start of their next one? 

I enjoyed standing there looking at the enormity of it all - the awesomeness of the space and distances involved and every time a meteorite left it's trail of white across the sky I smiled a knowing smile and just acknowledged the journey of a billion years I had just seen.


No comments: