Monday, October 13, 2008

Move over Plaisters Hall - Hello Guildhall

I was invited out by someone who has held a watching brief over me these past couple of years and one of the nicest people you will ever meet to go to the Guildhall for a meeting and a meal afterwards.

700 or more years of history right before your eyes as we were in the Crypt of the Guildhall. It is a fantastic place to go and we had the most amazing meal and wines followed by a rather nice Port before coming home.

It is such a pleasure to get an invite to one of these splendid historic meetings.

Needless to say I am really quite buoyed up from the experience, I met some really nice people and a celebrity who really was a very nice person indeed as well as some very old friends.

I have a feeling that the meeting in December I enjoyed so much last year may be when I am in Hospital which WILL be a big disappointment as it is held in rooms re-built just after the Great Fire of London...

The City of London has some really good stuff going for it if you are a Historian :-)

I believe I will pay for this later this week..... Out again tomorrow!

No comments: