Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Fear of Recurrence

How many people do you hear of who get cured / remission and then get a recurrence? It is worrying that the second time always appears to be far worse than the first. Often you hear that the second one turns out to be the one that gets them.

Apparently it is quite normal to be worried but it seems to be something that really should be picked up early if they continue to monitor you and test you. So that is a niggle - I'll be asking my Consultant about that in December I hope.

If you consider that cancer patients are probably likely to get it again you'd be expecting it. Maybe it is something, like side effects, fatigue, black dog and all the other stuff they don't tell you about.

"The Truth? You can't handle the Truth" well medical establishment -maybe we can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

you might find www.KidneyCancerResource.com & its Forum of help and YOU can help others.

I've got Kidney Cancer (radical nephrectomy Sept. 2001) & ongoing bladder cancer - kind of expecting prostate cancer so as to have the set!!

KCR covers ALL cancers that present through Urology.

Regards,
Greg L-W.
01291 - 62 65 62 pm.

A Dived Ref said...

Thanks Greg - I know the site and did a link some time ago. I hope you don't get the set :-)

How is the BC coming along? I do hope that they are sorting that out for you and thanks for dropping me a line.

Wishing you well and hope that you tackle the bladder Cancer and that the Prostate isn't part of the set at all.